Gifted and Talented Program Overview
Gifted and Talented Program
The Greendale Public Schools are committed to providing an educational program to meet the unique educational needs of advanced learners. Gifted programming is an ongoing process through which we develop the emerging strengths of each student in any of the five talent areas: general intellectual, specific academic, creativity, visual and performing arts, and leadership.
Gifted and Talented Program Goals
In accordance with this Mission Statement, the Gifted and Talented Program endeavors in the following:
- To foster an awareness in faculty, administrators, and the community of the potentials and talents that are present in students attending Greendale Public Schools.
- To identify potential and talents through a variety of means and to match students to learning opportunities that will meet those needs.
- To integrate the program for gifted students into daily lessons, to provide challenging, stimulating learning experiences in every classroom in the district.
- To provide differentiation through a variety of appropriate options within the regular classroom.
- To provide special group programming beyond the regular classroom including individualized services for students whose needs require them.
- To provide developmental guidance and counseling for gifted students.
- To provide all students access to a systematic and continuous K-12 program appropriate for their needs.
- To communicate with parents regarding opportunities available for their child in the Gifted and Talented Program, general identification procedures, Mission Statement, and goals.
- To provide ongoing parent involvement in their child’s educational program.
- To provide support to address the affective and cognitive needs of students, staff, administration, and parents involved with the Gifted and Talented Program.